All the allotment plots are now taken.
The Council has 34 allotment plots at the Kings Chase (formerly Ganger Farm) development. PLAN
Covid 19 Protection Measures
Please remember to carry on using social distancing and taking hygiene precautions when visiting the site and touching communal surfaces. Plot-holders over 70 years of age, regardless of general health are particularly vulnerable. It may feel safe on an allotment site but there are still risks.
You can use your plot to exercise with your household or support bubble or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household, after 29 March 2021 it is permitted for up to 6 people or 2 households to gather together outdoors. It is recommended that the numbers visiting your plot is kept to a minimum.
Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household or support bubble and follow the guidance on how to stop the spread of coronavirus at all times.
Any plot-holder who is self-isolating because a household member is ill with corona-virus should not be visiting the site.
How can I ensure my family’s and everyone else’s safety at the plot?
- Do not attend the plot if you have coronavirus symptoms or a family member is self-isolating, this includes people who need to isolate after returning from holidays abroad;
- Take a flask of hot water, soap and paper towels to the plot with you (cold water will work too);
- Take some hand sanitiser (should be at least 60% alcohol content) with you and wash your hands regularly;
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks and communal taps;
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds after touching any communal areas such as locks, gates & taps, dry with a paper towel. The most effective part of hand washing is the drying using preferably paper towel to remove the layer of dead skin scales - on which virus and bacteria sit;
- DO NOT touch your face after using anything that has been touched by other people;
- Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2 metres;
- Do not share tools;
- Minimise the contact with each other for example no handshakes;
- Stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible;
- If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and do not run around on communal paths and spaces;
- Wash hands when you get home.
For NHS information and advice CLICK HERE